Parts and Wheels
Where to find Parts & Wheelsets for Your Recumbent
List of Parts and Wheel manufacturers
- Aero Spoke Wheels - Aerospoke is one of the most recognized and respected names in composite wheels
- Bontrager Wheel Works - They are not built for recumbent bikes, but I ride these on my mountain bike and haven't needed a truing in 2 years.
- Dave's Wheels - aka Dave Thomas's Speeddream.com - custom wheel maker with a reputation among cyclists for quality. Located in Fountain Hills, Arizona.
- Ecospeed - Portland Oregon based company manufacturers and electric assist motor kit for recumbent bicycles.
- Head Rests by "Krispy Steve" - Manufacturers many very innovative and high quality head rest solutions primarily for Recumbent Trikes. It may take a while to get one, but it seems worth the wait as the overwhelming response from owners/customers is highly positive. Vashon, Washington USA
- HED Cycling - Seems like everyone winning races is running these wheel sets.
- Mavic - Another Rim manufacturer that doesn't really make recumbent specific rims, but I've ridden their mountain bike rims with great success. Good product!
- Power on Cycling - Dealer specializes in recumbent parts and customizing Rans, Challenge, M5 and easy tour recumbent bicycles. Want to build your own this might be a good start to selecting your components. Site is plain vanilla but fairly detailed. Plant City, Florida
- Schwalbe Tires - If these are not the best tires you can buy, they are pretty damn close! You should be avle to find Schwalbe tires at quality bicycle dealers worldwide. Schwalbe North America - Victoria, British Columbia Canada.
- Specialized Bicycles - Yes I know they don't make recumbent bicycles, but they make some highly durable thorn resistant tires. I was getting flats about every 3rd ride from the thorns here, then I switched to Specialized Armadillos and I've had 1 flat in a year and a half!
- Sugar Wheel Works - Looking for a new wheel set for your Recumbent Bike then Portland Oregon based Sugar Wheel Works should be on your short list. I'd also like to say that my dealings were direct with Jude the owner and she's very polite, attentive, positive minded and knowledgeable. Seriously if you need quality wheels (Not the same old prepackaged off the shelf junk) then you should take the time to visit Sugar Wheel Works. If you are the kind of person that wouldn't buy their suit "off the rack" and feel the same way about your bike then Sugar is your Wheel builder for sure. Highly recommended. I don't say that often about vendors, and I don't get paid to say it.
- TerraCycle - USA (Oregon) manufacturer of Recumbent Parts and Accessories. Acquired FastBack Products in late 2007.
- Topolino Technology - High end wheel set manufacturer specializing in 700C Wheelsets, including Carbon Tubular with Kevlar spokes. These wheels feel great to ride and are featured on specially spec'd Carbent's.
- Velocity - Wheels, Rims, and accessories including a line of recumbent wheels in 349, 406, 559, and 700 sizes. Lots of wheel builders build on Velocity Rims. It's my understanding the Velocity Hubs are OEM Formula Hubs. I tried contacting Velocity direct about building a wheel set via e-mail with no response.
- Ventisit - Ventilated Recumbent bicycle seat pads - no more sweaty backs in warm riding conditions. Based in Nederland - NOT USA.
- Windwarp Fairings - Makes Lexan® plastic fairings compatible with a large range of recumbent bikes and trikes.
Posted by Recumbent Bike Admin
on and filed under Parts & Wheels
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can leave a response by filling following comment form or trackback to this entry from your site