Keeping fit at home requires one piece of equipment, and that is the Recumbent ME-709 from Marcy. The exercise bike has a padded seat with foam-covered handlebars. There are counter-balanced pedals, and it comes with no pulse grips. However, is this the best option available for toning and keeping fit? Let us find out what the customers had to say.
- An older adult found the exercise bike easy to get upstairs and put together. The product comes well packed with clear instructions that are straightforward to follow;
- According to different users, the bike is quiet, smooth, and comfortable to move. You can use it while sitting back or grabbing the handlebars and ride it as a regular bicycle;
- The majority of enthusiasts found the bicycle affordable. Not only is it reasonably priced but easy on the eyes and back, and gives a good work out;
- Most customers found the weight limit of 300 lbs and offer you solid construction if you are a bit on the heavy side;
- A feature that sports enthusiasts found helpful is the glider wheels on the front support and great if you need it for moving;
- One standout all clients are happy with is the two-year warranty showing that the manufacturer believes in their product. Even their customer service gives you a quick response to questions asked;
- Cyclists found the storing of one profile enough for them and more suitable for single users;
- Customers found adjusting the resistance with the tension control knob a breeze to use;
- The majority of consumers found the bike gives a smooth low impact exercise but does get a bit choppy around levels seven and eight;
- The fact that is has two separate handlebars is loved by all trainers as it offers more than one position for working out.
- Fitness enthusiasts found the lack of preprogrammed workouts a bit of a bummer, and it only offers you eight resistance levels;
- Another customer found removing the rubber band that holds the computer wiring together before connecting it a big mistake. The wires fall down the tube and make it difficult to get hold of so do make a note of this;
- Furthermore, professionals found the calorie count inaccurate and it does not come with a HRM.
If you have a limited budget, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike is one of the least expensive bikes available on the market. The features may not be high-end but offer you enough resistance to keep fit at home. However, if you are in need of convenient features, this is not the one buy.