Do you need a stationary bike that takes up little floor space? You can look at the XTERRA recumbent bike to save space in your apartment or home. You get an ultimate cardio workout with loads of other features to keep the body healthy and fit. Everyone is talking about the 300-pound weight capacity that is better than most other compact recumbent online.
- Seniors love the fixed handlebars with a pulse sensor to track their heart rate and burn calories.
- Most users found the weighted pedals simple to use, and their feet do not slip with a high-intensity workout.
- Trainers found the fitness machine has a lot of resistance and suitable for riders of all fitness levels. Further, the 24 resistance levels offer you great interval training workouts.
- A nice extra according to some users is the water bottle holder and built-in speakers to listen to music.
- Cyclists found the bike stable to use and the stabilizers adjust to give added stability when needed.
- According to expert users, the saddle and backrest are comfortable and needs no breaking period. Furthermore, you can adjust the seat to different levels for a relaxed ride.
- Older people found the two sets of handlebars a big help when getting on/off from the exercise bike.
- For gym enthusiasts, the 7 basic workout programs offer them versatility when exercising at home and they can customize it based on their fitness goals. Further, you get 12 pre-set program profiles for each person in the home to use.
- Even novice users found the console simple to use and the fact that advanced users can use it in manual mode is even better.
- Trainers would have liked it if the display tracked more stats, but you will be able to monitor your workout times.
- Seniors would have loved to have transport wheels to move the recumbent bike from one room to another. Nevertheless, the step-through design does add a decisive touch.
The recumbent bike has a decent price and offers enough resistance levels to other competitors in the market. The XTERRA is one of the leading stationary bikes available with a compact design, and it does not skimp on durability, quality, and features. The LCD screens backlit for viewing in dark lit areas, and the built-in speakers with water bottle holder add a nice touch.
Check it on Amazon
With the Stamina Elite, you get a total body workout using the recumbent bike. The rotating armbars with foot pedals are comfortable, and you get eight levels of resistance. The majority of users use it for low-impact workouts and suitable for beginners to advanced riders. The stationary bike has received some excellent reviews from customers let us look at them.
- People love the steel frame as it offers them a reliable and stable construction for years of use. Further, they found it helps raise the metabolism and tones different muscles in the body.
- Shorter users found the adjustable arm rails included a big help and presented them with fantastic stability.
- A standout for most athletes is the excellent five-year warranty offered on the frame, and you get a year guarantee on the parts.
- The seats adjustable and riders found it comfortable to use for long hours.
- Most trainers found the weight capacity of 250-pounds reasonable but not suited for people who are overweight and want to throw off some weight.
- When used for upper and lower body toning cyclists found it works quietly and does not disturb anyone while watching TV in the same room.
- The feedback provided via the monitor is accurate, and the fact that riders can use a scan function for specific info is outstanding.
- Assembling the bicycle is straightforward, but customers do recommend using your own wrench instead of the one included.
- Seniors found the contact heart rate monitor built into the machine a big help.
- Trainers found the upper-body resistance, not the best and too light. Further, one knob controls both the upper and lower body settings.
- Experts would have liked to have workout programs available. However, it does show you the session data.
- Older people found moving the fitness machine difficult, as it does not have transport wheels.
The Stamina Elite offers you a multipurpose recumbent bike suitable for anyone to use. With the reclined chair and comfortable access frame, it makes it easier for people to use who does have limited mobility. The light to moderate resistance is perfect for beginners while advanced athletes will benefit more using a different one.
Check it on Amazon
Another affordable stationery bike is the Goplus Magnet Recumbent model. You get manual magnetic resistance for light cardio workouts at home. You get essential features for the price and great for keeping the legs fit. When it comes to the customer reviews, people are pleased with its function.
- Users found assembling the equipment simple as it has two main parts that connect with the middle.
- Older people found the recumbent bike not to be too heavy and the front base has rotating caps that serve as transport wheels. Further, the caps serve as stabilizers to keep the bicycle secure.
- The majority of customers found it does not take up to much space and suitable to use in an apartment if needed.
- Trainers found the seat comfortable and with the vinyl structure, it makes cleaning more manageable as well.
- People with some form of disability found the two sets of handlebars exceptional making it easier for them to get on. Further, they found the metallic pulse sensors comfortably placed to measure their heart rate.
- Another highlight is the manual magnetic resistance system mentioned by all, as they do not need to place it close to a power source.
- Expert riders found the dial to select the correct tension within reach and offer you eight levels of resistance.
- The fact that it works with a belt drive comes highly recommended by users as it needs no maintenance and operates quietly.
- The majority of consumers found pedaling with the bike comfortable as the pedals placed naturally to prevent lateral stress in the legs.
- Seniors found the step-through frame comfortable, as there is no need of lifting the legs.
- Tall riders found the machine uncomfortable to use as it accommodates heights of 6-feet.
- Athletes found the flywheel on the bike lightweight and suitable for moderate pedaling and not hard workouts.
- Only equipped with a basic exercise meter, but riders said you still get more such as the pulse reading and odometer function.
- Another negative noted that users mentioned are the lack of bottle and tablet holder. Furthermore, it does not have a backlight for using in dark lit areas.
For a basic recumbent bike model, the Goplus offers enough resistance for you to do cardio workouts to stamina training. The bicycle is affordable and the frames adjustable with a comfortable seat and full backrest. Therefore, you can get excellent value for the money paid.
Check it on Amazon
For a bargain in stationary bikes, you can look at the Fitnex R70 Recumbent model. The LED console offers the necessary feedback from time to distance traveled. Further, it has calories burned and metabolic equivalent (METS.) You have 16 levels of resistance and are one excellent piece of equipment loved by most users.
- Athletes found the recumbent bike smooth to ride and stable with the heavyweight.
- Consumers found the two water bottle holders a nice thing to have to keep them hydrated during their workouts.
- Trainers said that the self-generating power functions superb and saves energy, as the console does not display when not pedaling.
- People found the lower placed console helpful when watching TV while working out.
- Apartment dwellers found the fitness bike quiet when pedaling and great news to prevent disturbing the neighbors or others in the home.
- Clients found the lifetime warranty impressive when used for home exercise.
- Trainers are more than pleased with the 16 levels of friction-free magnetic resistance that gives a smooth transition.
- Experts said that the pulse sensors are easy to reach on the handles and remains comfortable in hand.
- Furthermore, no one can stop talking about the eight workout programs to do light to moderate exercises.
- Another notable thing mentioned by consumers is the oversized seat with a comfortable back.
- One rider mentioned the adjustable rubber pedal straps help keep the feet comfortable and secure when pedaling.
- The best of all is the stationary bike comes recommended by many users for the weight capacity of 400-pounds it can hold.
- Another client could not stop talking about the fantastic customer service when his or her bike did not want to power up. They are quick, and the serviceman came to the house to check out the problem.
- Shorter users found adjusting the resistance levels difficult, as they need to lean forward to reach the console.
- Assembling the equipment is straightforward, but users still found they needed more hands to help.
As you can see the positives outweighs the negatives by far. So if you need an affordable recumbent bike offering you ample resistance to workout, make sure to get this one. With the excellent customer service and price, what more can one ask? You can enjoy a comfortable ride to do light to moderate exercises.
Check it on Amazon
The Fitness Reality R4000 is a low-cost magnetic tension recumbent bike offering a suitable ride for taller people. The weight capacity is up to 250 pounds, but the 14 magnetic resistance settings make up for it. The computers fully functional and you can use it to reach your workout goals. Now with some of the features taken into consideration let us find out what the experts have to say about the fitness bike.
- The machine is compact and the small designs adored by most people living in apartments or homes with small spaces.
- Athletes found the belt drive system smooth and quiet when working out. For the apartment user, this is good news as it will not bother the neighbors when you exercise.
- Another talked about feature is the construction of the steel frame with adjustable floor stabilizers. Users found it does not wobble around when cycling at high speeds.
- The oversized foot pedals love by people with huge feet and come with adjustable straps to keep the feet secure.
- When riding, the stationary bikes comfortable with the cushioned backrest and soft grip handles. Users found they could work out for long periods without getting uncomfortable.
- Taller people found the seat slides quickly to adjust to their height.
- It may not have workout programs; trainers found the 14 resistance settings enough for people to do an intense workout.
- Alternatively, athletes mentioned they could still use the display to set goals from their time, calories, to distance.
- For the price, experts loved the fact that they could place their phone or tablet on the built-in platform to use hands-free.
- We noticed no complaints from customers when it came to assembling the equipment.
- The majority of trainers found the display easy to use and read.
- Compared to other entry-level recumbent bikes most users found the lack of a pulse sensor on the handles a negative. Therefore, for monitoring your HRM, you will need to use a chest strap or sports watch.
- While most riders found the seat comfortable, others felt it a bit hard, and all comes down to preference.
- Trainers found the monitor basic and limited with features, but still gives you all the information needed except for the pulse
The recumbent bike has a simple display with limited functions but makes up for it with the durable construction. Furthermore, it accommodates taller people as well. With the number of magnetic tension settings, you can easily reach your workout goal. So if you are in need of a quality and low-cost stationery bike for your apartment or house make sure to put this one on your wish list.
Check it on Amazon
Here is the latest edition from Exerpeutic the Gold 525XLR Folding Recumbent Bike. The features found in the fitness machines similar to the 400 XL in the range but many have said it is one of the best exercise bikes to have. You get eight magnetic resistance levels with LCD to track your time and more. The fold-away construction is another highlight mentioned but is this all offered by the supplier, let us see.
- Many consumers love the fact that it has a solid steel construction accommodating users who weigh up to 400 pounds. Compared to other recumbent bikes online it is impressive.
- Taller riders cannot stop talking about how comfortable it is to cycle with their long legs, especially if you have a length of up to 6’5.
- Consumers with large feet found the paddles comfortable to use and do not slip off during workouts.
- Most athletes found the bike offered enough levels of resistance for light to moderate workouts with a smooth transition.
- People living in apartment buildings found the stationery bike quiet without bothering the neighbors.
- Athletes found the display easy-to-read and work with batteries instead of power. The fact that they could track their performance from time to distance is excellent.
- The padded seat and backrests adjustable to accommodate different heights and most trainers found it to be comfortable.
- Even the built-in pulse sensors that are within reach on the handles comes recommended by all who have used the recumbent bike.
- The fact that it has transport wheels is mentioned in most reviews where older people use it making moving it around more comfortable.
- The bike constructions well made according to most consumers and do not look cheap.
- Older people found using the step-through structure helpful, especially when you are not able to lift your legs high.
- The gold colors not loved by all trainers and prefers silver styled one but remains a personal preference.
- Some complaints from consumers are that they would have loved to receive the machine assembled.
With the weight, capacity of 400 pounds and eight magnetic tension levels it is the best entry-level recumbent bike for its price. The construction is durable and not low-cost compared to other exercise bikes and should last a long time. The bicycle folds easily for storage and takes up little space. Also, to top it all the equipment accommodates taller people and users with huge feet.
Check it on Amazon
Whether you want to lose weight or recover from an injury, the Exerpeutic 1000 recumbent bike can help. You get wheels for transporting, and it offers you eight resistance levels. However, this is not all consumers are raving about. There is an LCD with heart rate monitoring. Therefore, what makes the fitness machine stand out from the rest? Let us find out.
- People love the smooth ride they get from the V-belt drive cranking system. They found they had consistent pedaling without jolts in the tension.
- Older people found the eight resistance levels helpful as it offers them short to intense exercise.
- For those customers who have poor eyesight, they found the LCD screen easy-to-read and the fact that it works out your statistics in real time a bonus.
- Most users with extra large feet found the pedals big enough and the adjustable straps to secure the feet are great.
- All users love the walk-through design, and those who have balance problems found it comfortable.
- Another highlight the old love is the wheels for transporting the stationary bike from one room to another. Even putting the bike together is easy.
- The fact that is works quietly comes highly recommended by apartment owners as it does not disturb the neighbors when you exercise.
- Many clients found the exceptional warranty of three-years on the frame and 90-days on the parts a welcomed feature.
- The lack of a water bottle holder is a bit of a downer for trainers who would like to use it in the gym.
- While the recumbent bike offers you a reasonable workout people with a length of 5 foot and more could not cycle comfortably. Further, you will also need to check your weight as the bikes made to hold up 300 pounds.
For light to moderate workouts the Exerpeutic 1000 High Capacity Magnetic Recumbent Bikes ideal to use. There are some fantastic features, and it is reasonably comfortable for most users. Further, the LCD screen offers excellent feedback and is excellent to pedal. Nothing comes smoother than this bike with its exceptional cranking system and price.
Check it on Amazon
One of the bestselling folding exercise bikes sold at an affordable price is the Exerpeutic 400XL model. A fact is you may think because it is cheap it acts the same way. The truth is there many excellent reviews on the folding recumbent bike. What makes it a fantastic fitness machine is you can stretch your legs out in front of you and down in a comfortable position. However, this is not all that customers love, read on and find out what they have to say.
- Older people love the lightweight and folding design of the recumbent bike. For moving it around by yourself, it is easy, and you need no one helping you.
- Even riding the exercise bike is solid without rocking according to many people. The steel frame is stable and does not flex when you workout.
- Most riders with a length up to 6 ft 2-inches tall had no problem using the bicycle as it adjusts comfortably to accommodate your length.
- The majority of cyclists found reaching the pedals comfortably, but some had to use pedal blocks to make it easier to grasp.
- Setting the resistance you can do comfortably with the turning knob. According to trainers, the knobs marked for your convenience to show where you have set the strength.
- Even the pedals provide less pressure on the knees and legs and recommended by all who have joint issues or pain to help with rehab. However, would have liked to have straps keeping their feet in place.
- Most customers found the slight incline of the back comfortable, but you cannot adjust it.
- Another big help mentioned by athletes is the built-in pulse sensor to monitor the heart rate.
- As with the majority of recumbent bikes in the price range, people found the console displaying time, speed, calories burned, and more comfortable to use. The only problem is using it in dark lit areas, as it does not have a backlit screen.
- Trainers found using the recumbent bike on uneven floors a bit of a problem because it does not have levelers.
- Tall people above 5 foot found the bicycle on the small side to cycle.
- Experts found the resistance suitable for low-impact exercises and not made for heavy workouts.
- While the console offers only the basics, people would have liked it to have some pre-set programs to work out too. Further, you cannot store your profile and need to do it manually.
For moderate cardio workouts, the recumbent bikes perfect. The bicycles fold up for storage and adjust quickly to accommodate different heights. Furthermore, the bike offers you value for money and assembling it is a breeze. You get smooth resistance and works quietly without disturbing the neighbors.
Check it on Amazon
The Vanswe recumbent bike offers you a perfect workout in the comfort of your home. Some of the talked about features is the 16 preset levels of magnetic resistance and weight capacity up to 380 lbs. Further, it comes equipped with an LCD screen to track your fitness progress and more. However, is this all the professional rider’s love about the fitness machine, read on and find out?
- The majority of athletes found the console wide and the display easy to read. The fact that it has an odometer, distance, calories burned, and more is a big help to track your progress.
- Riders found the sixteen levels of resistance excellent, but suitable for beginners to medium users to get a cardio workout. The transition according to them is smooth and quiet.
- While most trainers with a length of 6 feet found the adjustable seat comfortable and simple to use, taller people found it a bit uncomfortable.
- With the adjustable foot straps, most users had no complaints and found it kept their feet secure and fitted most foot sizes.
- Older people found moving the fitness equipment comfortable with the transportation wheels making transport easier.
- Professional users found the pulse reading on the handlebars a big help, but still felt it would work better tracking your HRM with an external chest belt.
- The customers found the hardware available in the mounting places a great help, but time-consuming to remove and reattach.
- According to different riders, the parts are heavy, and you may need help when it comes to assembling the machine.
- Another standout is the fantastic three-year warranty that pleases all users. At least you know the company has got you covered if anything happens to break.
- Customers recommend using other wrenches, as the ones included are not good.
- Trainers do not recommend the recumbent bike for hard workouts as the drag is light.
If you want a light to moderate workout, the Vanswe is a fantastic recumbent bike at an affordable price. You can move it from one room to another comfortably with the transports wheels. The bike accommodates different heights while the pedals keep your feet secure while exercising. You must remember that it has a basic digital display with sixteen preset levels. If you are an advanced user, we recommend you look at the other recumbent bikes reviewed here.
Check it on Amazon
The recumbent bike from Sunny Health & Fitness is a no-frills machine at an affordable price. The design is simple and fits in with any home decor. There are many talked about features from users such as the adjustable height, different fitness levels, and feedback console to name a few. Nevertheless, how well does the exercise bike work at home? Let us see what customers had to say.
- Considering the price that most home users like, they also love the stable platform with stabilizer bars giving them the stability needed while working out. They found adjusting the rear end caps easy to use for placing the equipment on different floors.
- Riders found to adjust the bike to accommodate their height simple by standing next to the machine moving it backwards and forwards.
- Adjust the resistance is straightforward according to some athletes as it works with a turning knob with eight levels of resistance. The complaint is that you need to lean forward and down to use it.
- Most entry-level riders love the resistance offered, but advanced users would have liked more resistance.
- Another mentioned feature by customers is the quiet and smooth resistance you get when cycling.
- Older people found the height for getting on and off comfortable enough and the straps on the pedal is a great help to keep their feet secure.
- Furthermore, home users found the two sets of handlebars helpful as well, especially when you have a disabled person in the home.
- Customers found the instructions and hardware for assembly included a big help as the bike comes partially assembled.
- When it comes to the console, elderly users found it a breeze to use and the basic fitness data is easy to read on the huge screen.
- Some people found the recumbent bike has a slight wobble when pedaling hard.
- Tall riders found the bike uncomfortable to use, as they could not extend their legs comfortably.
- Older people found moving the equipment difficult as it has no transport wheels and needs help to transport it.
- Athletes found the lack of pre-set workouts and not keeping track of their data a big negative and will need to use it manually to track your fitness information.
- Furthermore, most home users complained that it does not come with added accessories such as a device holder to use your phone and more.
For a good starter recumbent bike, the Sunny Health & Fitness equipment comes highly recommended by professional users. If you want to do more than light to moderate exercise, it is best to look at the Schwinn 270 model.
Check it on Amazon